Fri, 26 September 2014
Ok listeners. It's time to get into the big stuff. Not the easy, entry level time management, but the stuff of practitioners and productivity evangelists. This episode is about how to lose a work week and not lose your sanity. From time to time we all have to do it. The very fear of this is probably one of the reasons people in ministry don't sabbath well. We are scared to be out of town because of all the work we might get behind on.
Life Hacks of the Rich and Famous: Journl
The New Habit Challenge: Make a Better To Do List: Rachel Gillett
How To Lose a Week (and not lose it all)
1. Know what you do.
2. What can you NOT do?
3. What can YOU not do?
4. What can you work ahead on?
5. Can you squeeze in a little time while you are gone?
6. Plan your reentry.
Remember to sign up for the Productive Pastor Insider List. Get a great FREE productivity resource and the inside scoop every other Friday.
Fri, 12 September 2014
Have you ever almost shut down from the stress of loosing control of your to-do list? Don't lie. You have. We all have.
In this episode of The Productive Pastor I share the 5 ways you can destroy a massive to-do list and set yourself up for future productivity success.
1. 1 Big and Three Medium: John Zeratsky
2. 7 Things You Can Do on Friday to Make Monday Awesome: Kevin Daum
3. Achieve Your Goals by Focusing on Critical Activities: Harry Che
How To Destroy A Massive To-Do List
1. Collect it.
2. Get it all in the same place.
3. Filter out what can die.
Let them die.
4. Categorize and rank importance.
Once you have them grouped, start ranking them by importance. I prefer the Eisenhower Method. Start marking what is important and urgent. Those are your mission critical tasks.
5. What is yours alone and what can be delegated?