Welcome to the 96th episode of Productive Pastor. We've got a fantastic episode with Karl Vaters for you! He's the author of Small Church Essentials and The Grasshopper Myth. He's also the teaching pastor at Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
In this episode we talk about:
- The church industrial complex and the problem with grow, grow, grow.
- How your churches denomination and culture play into the idea of growth.
- Big churches require a different type of funding and membership.
- It's about gifting, not skill. Or better or worse skills. Just a different type of personality.
- Extroverts and Introverts in ministry, and how that plays out in ministry.
- The longer the church has been around, the more challenging it will be for defining pastoral expectations.
- APEST and the job of the pastor.
- The tension of defining large vs. small in different church traditions.
- The role of tenure in the small church.
- Vision casting in the small church.
Connect with Karl
New Small Church (blog)
Small Church Essentials*
The Grasshopper Myth*
Have you checked out the Productive Pastor Community? It’s an awesome place for ministry leaders to have productivity and time management resources. It’s absolutely free and connects you on Facebook to other folks in the community.
Make sure to subscribe to the Productive Pastor Insider.
Remember to Review and Rate in iTunes. You can do it right here.
Become a Patron over at Patreon.com/RevChadBrooks. It helps keep Productive Pastor Ad Free.
- disclosure – these contain amazon affiliate links and productive pastor will receive a small percentage of your purchase from Amazon. This helps keep the show rocking and rolling for everyone.